Saint Hilda’s is the Church of England Parish Church of Crofton Park (north). As a diverse congregation we are reaching out to the future representing the world as it becomes a global community. Worship and Teaching is within the ‘Catholic Tradition’ of the Church of England; we seek to preserve the liberal hearted attitude redolent of the national church at its best. Worship is ceremonial and colourful to feed body, mind and spirit, and so outward signs ansd ceremonies proclaim our beleif that Jesus is Son of God who lived to set others free and empower us to live to the highest we can. As we lift him up as Our Lord and Saviour we beleive he is lifting us up and revealing his living and real presence in the offering of the Eucharist Sunday by Sunday.
- We are tradtional in style to reflect the beauty of eternal truths; We believe in the Mystery of God’s Grace in Christ, his Church and the Sacraments of Salvation; we attempt to express these within a modern persepctive.
- No one need fear attending because of age, gender marital status, sexuality, race, or political persuasion, but we do ask every one to be happy to sit next to people who are different, and to be joyful in being together in church before all else.
- We believe the bible contains ‘ all that is necessary to salvation’ - we love scripture, and repect every word- however we dont believe everthing is rightly taken literally or applied thoughtlessly or prescriptively, we belive that reflection from human reason and experience can change our understanding of parts of the bible.
- We believe in the Tradition of the Church. God is seeking to guide us by unfolding the deep meaning of his Word in every age. Tradition dialogues with modern descoveries, science and Human expeience and it is our task to find how God is expressing his etranl truth anew as we experience our lives in conversation with worship and teaching and our own thougths and prayers.
- We try to meet people where they are, and we hope people can find at St Hilda’s, a safe place to open up their Soul without havign to leave their Brain outside the door. We invite people not only to worship, but to enjoy the challenge of participating in a Christian community attempting to offer service as we play its part alongside others of good will in our locality.
St Hilda’s Mission is -
‘To be a Sign of God’s Presence in the Community’
by committing ourselves to
Worship God with awe and love, lifting up Christ in the Eucharist to place him at the heart of our lives.
Serve each other and the wider community by responding powerfully to the opportunities and challenges God is offering us.
Grow in relationship with God, so his Wisdom guides our lives and we learn to call others to the joy of worship and service in his church.