HER MAJESTY’S FORCES CORNER 1942
1951 WAR DAMAGE REPAIRS AFTER BOMBING SHIFTED THE ROOF
Metal rods were fixed into the roof across the nave and then wound up to draw the roof back into place.
THE CHANCEL THROUGH THE SCAFFOLDING 1951
Note the Arts and Crafts Standard Candlesticks made by the Artificers Guild, of which one was stolen in 1996.
EASTER SUNDAY 1953
The single sanctuary lamp has now been increased to the three we know today. The walk-way is still in its original style.
The beautiful white frontal on the altar was retrieved from the store and refurbished in 1996. It has a super-frontal of grapes and tendrils in fine gold and floss work. The moss green and ivory are clevery brought out by thin strips of clashing light blue ribbon.
SUNDAY SCHOOL STAFF IN THE 1950s
SUNDAY SCHOOL STAFF POURING OUT OF THE NAVE SOUTH DOOR
BUSES IN BROCKLEY ROAD