Help and support
Call Community Connections Lewisham on 0330 058 3464. Open Mon-Fri 9.30am-4pm for anyone age 18+ for help with:
– Staying active, eg seated exercise classes, group walk, online yoga class etc
– help accessing supermarket deliveries, volunteer shoppers, etc.
– Practical help with small one-off tasks such as shopping, gardening or changing a light bulb
– Finding employment, training and learning (including computers)
– Volunteering with local projects
– Socialising and meeting people locally, for example in music groups, coffee mornings, gardening sessions etc.
For information and advice about bills, work, renting or family matters call on 0800 231 5453 Monday to Friday 9.30am – 12.30pm and 1.30pm – 4pm for:
· Multi-Lingual support
· Applying for Benefits or food vouchers
· Specialist Immigration advice
· Specialist Debt advice
· Housing or Employment issues
If you need a food parcel, Lewisham Foodbank can support you. You will need to ask for a referral through someone like your GP, teacher, health visitor, housing officer, advice worker, social worker.
If you are unsure who to ask, you can call the Citizen’s Advice referral helpline on 0808 208 2138.